In this article, I will show how to combine MP4 files, which I got from a digital camera, to a single MP4 file without re-encoding using FFMPEG on Windows 10.
Note: The MP4 files must have exactly the same codec and codec parameters in order to combine using this method.
Watch on YouTube
- In this example, I want to combine MP4 files in the C:\Users\Linglom.com\Desktop\2016Y03M29D12H folder.
- Download FFMPEG:
- Open web browser to https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com.
- Select Builds tab at top menu.
- Select download FFMPEG Static.
- When the download finishes, extract the file and open bin folder. You will see ffmpeg.exe which is the file that I will use to combine MP4 files. In this example, I will copy the file to my MP4 folder.
- Then, right-click Windows icon at bottom left and select Command Prompt.
Note: You can also press Windows + R keyboard shortcut and type cmd.exe to open command prompt window.
- On Command Prompt window, change path to the folder where you keep MP4 files.
- Next, you have to create a text file which has a list of MP4 files that you want to combine by type this command and press Enter.
(for %i in (*.mp4) do @echo file '%i') > mylist.txt
- Then, type this command to begin combine the files using FFMPEG.
ffmpeg -f concat -i mylist.txt -c copy output.mp4