[Solved] Error: LU1815: LiveUpdate could not access a file

[Solved] Error: LU1815: LiveUpdate could not access a file

I have encountered the problem that Symantec’s LiveUpdate on Primary server didn’t automatically update any definitions. That made the clients didn’t get definitions,too. I tried manual update through SSC which also didn’t work and no related log in SSC show about update problem. Then, I opened Task Manager on Processes tab and found that LUCOMS~1.exe service which is LiveUpdate’s service still running.

I thought that the process may hang so I tried end the process and manual update through AntiVirus’s client on the Primary server. Now there was error message

Error: "LU1815: LiveUpdate could not access a file..."

Symantec has already provided support for this problem by download LiveUpdate files from Symantec to fix the damaged files.
Error: “LU1815: LiveUpdate could not access a file . . . “
Or you can reinstall the program.

The similar problem as the figure below is the same problem and can be solve in the same manner.

Error: "LU1803: LiveUpdate failed while getting your updates" or "LiveUpdate had an internal error while getting your updates"

Error: “LU1803: LiveUpdate failed while getting your updates” or “LiveUpdate had an internal error while getting your updates”

3 Comments

  1. joseph Hebert June 25, 2010
  2. Heath July 23, 2010
  3. CCVcomputer May 9, 2011

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.